THE SKINNY ON DIETING!
Well…. i have been absent on Pout Perfection for too long, now that assignments are over and handed in I can get back to what I love and that’s motivating people in the right way to be healthy!
Being a woman is tougher than ever! Celebrity diets have populated the magazines and are even gaining favour on television shows. Low calorie diets rave how “normal people” like you and me can look just like celebrities.
Do you really want to be starved of nutrients, while your hormones are completely unbalanced, causing feelings of helplessness and depression?
EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!
Ever heard of that? Although there is some weak truth to that, eating everything in moderation will keep you overweight. Woman all over the world are suffering from eating disorders and some are clearly unaware of having one. If you are skipping meals or eating very little in order to lose weight…. STOP!!!! These actions will only make you pack on the pounds, sometimes at a rapid rate.
Eating less than your body requires will slow down your metabolism, making weight loss impossible and will negatively affect your health.
- As you have heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day; yet many people still confess to eating only a piece of fruit for breakfast.
- Food is used for energy, cell structure, regulating hormones and chemical reactions.
- Food takes one of three directions upon ingestion: use energy, storage, execution.
- The body receives energy from carbohydrates and fats in short supply, our body will turn to muscle for breakdown of amino acids (stored proteins) for energy, causing muscle atrophy.
LOW CALORIES = MUSCLE WASTING
- Low carbohydrate diets deplete the liver and muscle of energy, which causes muscle wasting, lack of energy and will compromise your health.
- Low calorie diets, while reducing body weight (usually for a short period of time), will ultimately poorly affect your health and in most cases will have a rebound effect.
- Low calories will reduce muscle mass and strength.
- When nutrient intake is low, the metabolic rate will become low for three reasons: decreased thyroid function, reduced thermic effect of eating and reduction in muscle mass.
- While reduction in muscle mass causes a lack of endurance (especially during exercise), in turn it will also lead to osteoporosis and lack of independence as you age.
THE WORST PART: FAT STORAGE
- Fat storage is the largest form of storage in the body.
- Low calorie diets and long waits between meals, signal the body that starvation is occurring. With this signaling, the body will turn on the storage mode.
- Eating every two to four hours has been researched to show a positive effect on body composition and overall health.
- Frequent eating boosts metabolism, regulates blood sugars and maintains muscle mass.
- Your body doesn’t understand what to do with processed foods. Diets high in sugar and sodium as well as processed food, do not seem to signal satiety and therefore lead to hunger.
- Eating too little is weight loss SUICIDE!!!!
So ladies, think logically about eating plans and be realistic!
Get “skinny” in a healthy lifestyle way, not a quick fix way!
Much Love Megs