- 500 gr of bread flour
- 500 ml warm water
- 10 gr (1 packet yeast)
- 2.5 ml salt
- Combine the flour, yeast together in the your electric mixing bowl
- Make a well and add the warm water
- Let it mix for exactly 15 min and add the salt
- Once its formed a firm dough, keep it in the bowl, cover bowl with cling wrap and place it in a warm moist place until it triples in size. (like an oven on a very low temperature, no more than 60 degrees C).
- Flour a flat tray ‘pour’ dough onto the floured tray and form into a long oval-like shape. Let it sit again, because it will rise.
- Before baking, sprinkle on top of the raw loaf some rough salt and some rosemary for some extra flavor.
- Bake in an oven of 220 degrees C for about 20 min.
- After the 20 min, lift the bread off the tray and tap the bottom centre of the loaf. If it sounds hollow, it’s ready.
And of course the more crispy, the better. Let it stand for a couple of minutes before consuming this bundle of tummy happiness!
Usually, most recipes mention cake flour, this may make the bread too dense. I use 250 gr brown bread flour and then 250 gr white bread flour. Of course there are MANY recipes out there, but this one is MY favorite. Simple, quick and delicious.
However, if you’re in the Pretoria area and want the best already baked breads, you can visit BICCCS in Waterkloof Heights. Ever heard of RITROVO? BEST restaurant ever! Forti is genius when it comes to food and of course, his ice-creams and breads available at BICCCS. It’s the only restaurant I want to go to when I’m in the mood for a special date with my man. Oh, and if you don’t know – the PIZZAS are so damn good, you wouldn’t want to share it!