Chocolate cream eclairs
1ml salt (if unsalted butter was used)
2 extra large eggs
Place water and the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Allow butter to melt. Don’t let the water boil.
Remove from heat.
Add the flour and salt and return to hear and stir quickly until dough comes together in the centre and comes off the sides.
Remove from heat for about 5 min.
Add the eggs in one at a time and stir well after each addition until dough is stiff again.
Place tablespoon dollops on a greased tray or use a piping bag for longer shapes.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200degC for 10 minutes and then reduce to 180degC and bake for another 15 min.
Switch off and leave to cool in the oven or you can take it out after 20 min or so.
Only cut in half once they’re totally cooled. Melt chocolate (100gr) and dip the tops into the chocolate.
Whip about 250ml cream and icing sugar together to taste. Fill the pastry. Add the chocolate covered tops and you’re done!
Filed under Beauty, Contour, Daily Banter, DIY, Eyebrows, Eyelashes, Eyes, Girly Stuff, Gossip, Highlight, Inspiration, Life as a Makeup Artist, Makeup, No Makeup, Solutions, Trends
210gr caster sugar
5ml vanilla essence
3 extra large eggs
110gr fig jam
210gr gluten free cake flour
3ml baking powder
5ml bicarbonate of soda
2ml salt if using unsalted butter
1) cream butter, caster sugar and essence together
2) add eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition
3) add jam and beat once again
4) sieve the dry ingredients
5) add to the butter mixture and fold
6) lastly add the buttermilk and fold again.
7) Pour into a prepared cake tin or in a cupcake tray.
8) Bake for about 30 min at 180degC
(Test with knife)
9) whip up about a cup of cream with a tablespoon of icing sugar and decorate cool cupcakes. Top off with fanned strawberries and edible glitter.
10) if baking it as a cake instead of cupcakes, rather make a ganache or cream cheese topping and/or filling.
Please comment if you have any questions.
And remember: the secret to a successful confection is baking when you feel the urge to. Don’t ever force yourself. And talk as you go along.. Xx
Filed under cooking, DIY, Food, Girly Stuff, IN THE KITCHEN, Inspiration, Oooh la la, Products, Recipes, Tutorial, Weekend Crushes