Yummy! Yes, that’s how I’ll start this blogpost.
Today I made a delicious peach jam with a twist. Thinking of calling it, “Sandy’s Peaches and Spice Jam”.
Here is the recipe:)
6 peaches (peeled, pitted, cut into chunks)
1,5 cups sugar (brown or white)
1 cinnamon stick
1) Chop the peeled peaches very finely or use a food processor to grind into small pieces and place into a small pot.
2) Grate rind off whole lemon and add to pot of peaches with the lemon juice squeezed from the lemon.
3) Add the sugar, cinnamon stick, half a teaspoon salt and a dash of cayenne pepper to the pot.
4) Bring all the ingredients to a boil and stir quite often. Let it boil for about half an hour until all the foam subsides and the fruit rises to the top. Keep stirring and let it cook until the jam sticks to a spoon when lifted. Then you know it’s ready. (Remember to remove the cinnamon stick before pouring into jars.)
5) Allow to cool and pour into clean jars. Let it cool down and then refrigerate.