Here is a delicious Basic Butter Lemon Cookie recipe for you to try out. I love these, they were light, perfectly crumbly and yummy. The best of all is they were gluten free!
: 2 cups gluten free flour
: 3 oz butter (about 85gr)
: 1/4 teaspoon salt
: half a cup icing sugar
: 1 tablespoon lemon zest with 1 table spoon squeezed fresh lemon juice
: 1 egg
: 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1) Using a mixer attach the paddle attachment and mix together the flour, butter, salt, icing sugar and lemon zest until crumbs form.
2) Then add the egg and vanilla until all the ingredients combine into one dough ball. If it’s still too soft, just add more flour.
3) Wrap dough in cling wrap and stick it in the fridge for about an hour.
4) Preheat the oven to 175 deg. Roll out the dough into a thick sausage shape and just slice off slices, roughly about half a cm thick. Place onto a baking tray lined with wax paper.
5) bake for about 20 min or until golden. Transfer immediately after baked onto a cooling surface or wooden board.
TIP: Glaze the cookies by brushing them with an egg wash mixture (1 egg mixed with a dash of water) and sprinkle some sugar on top before baking them.
Hope yours turn out excellent!