A couple of months ago my sister told me about BB cream. However, I never blogged about it for some odd reason, as it is the most-talked-about-secret in the beauty industry today.
What is BB Cream?
Christine Schrammek, German dermatologist, in the 1960’s developed in the 1980’s by Korean cosmetic companies.
It’s a blemish balm aka beauty balm. An all-in-one serum, primer, moisturizer, foundation and sun block.
Main market: South Korean and Japanese market 1985, but only came into the western market in 2012.
1) BB Cream was originally made to protect the skin of a patient after surgery by Dr Christine Schrammek.
2) BB cream was then introduced into the the eastern market in 1985, where healthy looking, porcelain skin is heavily prized and therefore was hailed as the “secret of Korean actresses” and heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities.
3) BB Creams come in different formulas, but due to the fact it was only available in the east, it was available in only a few hues. But now with it going global, more hues and tones are being introduced.
4) It can cover blemishes, acne, sun spots, and age spots due to its mineral and anti inflammatory effects.
5) It acts as an anti-wrinkle cream too. It contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin C and can therefore regenerate the skin with all its properties.
6) Some brands have BB creams available for men.
BB Cream can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage.
It’s basically known as a MIRACLE CREAM!!!
Here are some before and after pics
There are various brands of the famous BB Cream, which ever one you choose, make sure it’s CRUELTY FREE!!!!!!!
The following 3 brands are CRUELTY FREE, SMASHBOX, THE BODY SHOP AND HAUT MINERALS.
I do feel that it being such a miracle cream many companies and cosmetic houses are coming out with their versions of the BB Cream, and might not be as effective as it was originally intended to be. So get a great quality, more expensive and also cruelty free brand.
BB CREAM Wikipedia
VAMPY VARNISH BB CREAM REVIEW
JANE IREDALE BB CREAM