I would like to introduce you to the lovely EDL Hair & Beauty on Lynnwood Team.
Every week or so I’ll be posting up a little “Getting to know” questionnaire with one of the salon staff members and management.
First up is
1) What do you do at the salon?
I’m a makeup artist.
2) How long have you been in your profession?
3) What do you love most about your job?
Working with clients, being able to see their happy faces once I am done with their makeup. I also like giving tips to create the perfect makeup look.
4) What are your top 5 recommended products available at the EDL salon?
Kryolan, Babor, Joico, Odyssey and Environ
5) What qualities do you think you bring to the EDL salon?
You can ask me anything and I will do it with a smile on my face.
6) What trend do you see coming into the hair and beauty industry this winter season?
Dark, bold nail colors. Berry lip colors. Short, dark hairstyles.
7) Can you give the readers your tip 5 beauty tips?
- Always wear primer before applying foundation
- Wear the correct shade of foundation – It has to blend in with your neck
- Do not be afraid to work with colors
- Blending is KEY!!!
- Contour – It makes a difference
8) What makes YOU different to other makeup artists in the industry?
I am hardworking. I believe I have a unique style when it comes to doing makeup. It’s important my clients know they come first and I’m not scared of new challenges.
9) What can you tell the readers about the EDL salon and management team?
The salon has a unique style, lovely atmosphere and a hard-working team.
10) Tell us a fun fact about yourself.
I am a small town farm girl, trying to fit in the big city.
*images: Johandi Parkin, EDL Hair & Beauty Studio on Lynnwood
*questionnaire conducted by Sandy Nouwens