Before I start with my personal makeup how to’s. I’d just like to start off first with a little bit of info on how I came to loving makeup so much.
It all started with a makeup legend! Mr. Kevyn Aucoin! Unfortunately for the fashion, beauty and makeup industry he passed away. But he was definitely the person that made makeup what it is today. He transformed faces like you wont believe. He was the god-father of makeup!
When I saw his work on one of his books “Making Faces“ I was absolutely blown away! I immediately wanted to just dip my whole face in makeup!!! His work became an obsession. I only dream to have a quarter of his talent!
That was the day I realized what a wonderful thing makeup was! Without the use of cosmetic surgery, one could transform a face from drab and naked to fabulous and painted, thanks to Kevyn.
Kevyn Aucoin, you are my makeup hero!
Kevyn was known for being the contour master. He transformed celebrities and ordinary people into works of art!
His books that made me fall in love with the art of makeup. If you have a passion for makeup, try to get these books. You can order them at Exclusive Books, but they will be expensive. It’s definitely worth it though!
- He was self-taught!
- Went to New-York and would makeup models for free just to build a portfolio
- Was discovered by VOGUE‘s photographer Steven Meisel
- His career took off with a makeup shoot he did with Cindy Crawford which led him to do 9 VOGUE covers in a row
- He also did 7 COSMOPOLITAN covers in a row
- At the height of his career, he charged about $6000.00 per makeup session
- Died from a pituitary tumor and suffered from acromegaly.
There is soooooooo much more he did regarding his career. This list would carry on forever, but I will let the pictures do the talking.
This is how he would contour. It’s all about contouring! Just remember to blend very well! It’s the secret! You should have seen her after! Wow! I didn’t post a picture, because I think you should get the book and see the after. 🙂
Therefore I say LESS IS NOT MORE! Look at what more can do!