It’s monday! Yay!
So yesterday I did some before and after makeup shots on a friend. My goodness, it was absolutely fun! Anyway, she looked so good. It’s easy to work on someone with a great skin to start off with. Remember to always moisturize your face. I use The Body Shop’s Vit E day and night moisturizer. Always use moisturizer ok? It helps with the application of the makeup, helps with the skins’ elasticity and you’ll notice your makeup just lasts longer if your skin is properly moisturized.
Today I want to tell you about EYEBROWS! Eyebrows makes or breaks the face. Even though lip gloss or lipstick finishes the look, eyebrows finish the face. Since we like to colour our eyelids, we might as well frame our artwork properly.
So here are a few eyebrow tips:
- Have them professionally tweezed and shaped.
- Once they’ve been shaped, be savvy and maintain them yourself if you can.
- Make use of an eyebrow shaping kit.
- Don’t over-tweeze.
- Trim your eyebrows.
- Always brush them before you fill them in with makeup if need be and always brush them after a makeup application.
- Make use of pictures. Look for women with the same facial shape. See what direction you should be going regarding shaping your eyebrows. For instance my face is rectangular/oblong. So I lengthen them out towards the sides to make a division in my face.
- “MAKEUP RULES” are there to guide you, it’s not the law. If you like your eyebrows fuller, longer or shorter, do so. But look at yourself from an outsiders perspective. If it looks wrong, reshape them differently until you’ve found the right shape for you.
- Remember to always take photos of yourself from different angles. Photos reveal things you might be in denial about.
- If you have extremely light hair, don’t have full dark eyebrows.
- If you have very dark to black hair, don’t have fine line eyebrows, this can give off a cheap look.
At the end of the day, make use of a professional if you’re still uncertain about what or where your eyebrows should be on the face and how it can ultimately accentuate your face.
I shape my own eyebrows. It’s pretty easy if you have the right tools. My tool is….. MODEL CO© EYEBROW SHAPING KIT.
It’s the ammo to my eyebrow gun. The compact opens up. In it you’ll see a tweezer, eyebrow shadow and a gel, 3 kinds of brushes. The bottom of the compact slides out with 4 different eyebrow stencil shapes; superfine, fine, full and natural.
Depending on the “look” you’re going for, you’ll definitely make use of all the shapes. I got mine at Model Co’s makeup section in Menlyn Mall. I got it quite a while back. I remember it being just under R500.00
At the end of the day, if you cannot find the Model Co© kit, just buy another kit. They ultimately all do the same thing. Shape your face!
Showing you now a few photos of the makeup I did yesterday. Tell me what you think peeps.
Will write a blog post on facial shapes and correcting techniques in the oncoming weeks.