This post is to talk about posing! That is one thing I think I’m good at. It’s all about finding your best angles.
- Find your face! Use your camera. Take pictures of your face from all angles. You will clearly see what works and what doesn’t. If your face is symmetrical, then you can face cameras head on. If you’re like me, (asymmetrical face) then turn your face to the left, right, up or down.
- Try posing with your hands on your hips for a “slimming” effect. One arm or both. Doesn’t matter. This always works.
- Take photos of yourself often. And look at them from an outsiders perspective. Are they monotonous? Do you tend to always pose the same? Mix it up a little.
- When wearing sexy, revealing or flashy clothes pose as though you’re wearing a denim and tank top.
- When wearing a denim and tank top, pose as though you’re wearing a sexy hot outfit.
- These two points abovementioned go hand in hand. Your not making the obvious even more obvious.
- When wearing formal wear, do NOT slouch! Posture is very important. Angle your feet towards the side and turn your upper body towards the camera. This gives an hourglass and slimming effect.
- Don’t overdo the smile when in formal wear. You want to look elegant, not as if you just won Miss Universe.
- Look at previous photos of yourself. Look at your extremities. Do your fingers look odd? If so, be more aware when posing in the future. Sometimes we crunch up our toes and fingers. (due to nerves).
- Take a lot of photos! Delete those you’re unhappy with. If you look terrible, it’s easy to delete it. So chillax.
- I’m very self-conscious when it comes to photos, because I’m thinking of all these things. And I refuse to have people take photos of me without my consent. Yes, a self-proclaimed diva. The thing is, some people want you to look like crap. So it’s up to you at the end of the day!
- If you’re going to take a photo while sitting, then keep that back up straight! Rather look like a snobby diva, than a lazy loaf.
- Keep shoulders up and neck elongated.
- Don’t cross your hands in front of your waist. This is not a school photo.
- If you have huge
tits, don’t pose as though you’re trying to block out the sun. If you’re flat chested, then push that chest out a bit. (Remember what I said about the obvious?)
- Make sure your face and décolletage are the same colour! Match the makeup!
- Doesn’t matter if you’re in formal, casual or sexy wear. Make sure your nails are done and your teeth are clean! These little things if not clean, can become huge photobombs.
- Find your best features and angles. For instance, the left side of my face is much weaker than the right side. I have some “Paris Hilton Sleepy Eye” thing going on the left. You didn’t notice (WOW I’M GETTING GOOD AT THIS!) Haha
- Don’t post any photos where you are drunk! This is just wrong on so many levels!
- Make sure you shaved those armpits! Don’t want to find Frodo in the Shire!
- And last but not least. Before having snaps taken of you, go to a mirror and pose! It’s like the last tick on the checklist.