It’s mid-week…. Gosh, time is so not flying!
A warm hello to all our readers!
I have a special bag that I carry around in my handbag… It’s my fuel bag. It’s my vitamin and minerals. Full of adult sweets. No, not drugs! Vitamins!
In the Gabriel Method book, Jon explains the reason why our bodies are hungry. Well, it is because it needs vitamins and minerals. So if you feed it junk, after an hour or so you feel hungry again. Not true? That is because your body is telling you that you fed it, but not with what it needed. It needed vitamins and minerals. That is why it is sooooo important to eat “live” foods! By live foods I don’t mean live monkeys, I mean unprocessed foods still in its purest form.
Unfortunately, the foods we have today lack in the vitamin department. Did you know just microwaving your food stuffs up every last bit of vitamins it had? A microwave is an evil thing!
So anyway, once I decided to go on a vitamin and mineral shopping spree. Got all that is needed in ones day-to-day life. I bought about 9 kinds of vitamins as a start. Had about 3 in the morning, 3 in the afternoon and last 3 at night. Guess what? That whole day I didn’t eat one bit of food! My body got what it needed. My body didn’t need masses of food, it just needed masses of vitamins! Now, I am balanced. I eat healthy, but also add vitamins to my daily life.
Please do yourself a favor and get the Gabriel Method book! It’s mind-blowing!
So I just want to tell you about the vits I currently have in my bag…
ADULT FEMALE MULTI-VITAMIN: Assists in the following
- Boosting the immune system
- Improving energy levels
- Increasing mental alertness
- General well-being
VITAMIN B COMPLEX: Assists in the following
- Conditions of the skin like eczema
- Lowered immunity
- Nervous disorders
KELP: Assists in the following
- Vitamin B-12 deficiencies
ST JOHN’S WORT: Assists in the following
- Mood swings
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep disorders
VITAMIN C: Assists in the following
- Preventing free radical build-up
- Speeding up the healing of wounds
- Maintaining healthy bones and teeth
- Boosting the immune system
- Treating winter ailments like colds and flu
- Treating viral infections
SPIRULINA: Assists in the following
- Enhancing the immune system
- Supporting healthy cholesterol levels
- Improving digestion
- Enhancing detoxification
- Boosting energy levels
FLAXSEED OIL: Assists in the following
- Curing colon and breast cancer
- Curing skin problems such as acne and eczema
- Curing asthma and diabetes
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Curing rheumatoid arthritis
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Improving the immune system
- Healing sprains and bruises
- Fighting obesity
- Treating dandruff
OMEGA / SALMON OIL: Assists in the following
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Reduces heart attacks and strokes
- Decreases pain and inflammation
- Builds better brain functioning
- Reduces depression
- Improves all round pregnancy health
- Lowers incidence of childhood disorders
- Decreases chances of osteoporosis
EVENING PRIMROSE OIL: Assists in the following
- Helps with premenstrual syndrome
- Eczema and other skin disorders
- Cholesterol and blood pressure
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Treating of acne
- Reduce hypertension
ANTIOXIDANT: Assists in the following
- Better resistance to colds and flu
- Relief from allergies
- Increased energy
- Relief from asthma
- Improving sleep
- Softer, younger looking skin
- Free radical build up
CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM: Assists in the following
- Better the heart condition
- Magnesium helps in the absorption of the calcium
- Promotes healthy bones and teeth
- Prevents tooth decay
- Keeps the jaw healthy
- Magnesium allows the intake of oxygen into the body therefore distributing it
- Ease pain
FOLIC or FOLATE & B12 ACID: Assists in the following
- Fetal developement
- Production of red blood cells
- Thwarting heart disease
- Helps in depression
- Helps keep brain young
I also take GINGKO BILOBA for my Tinnitus condition. It’s hearing a constant beeping noise. Sometimes it’s so bad, I cannot sleep. It’s a 24 hour thing. Never goes away, but ginko biloba helps to reduce it.
I also know that some people can get a bit addicted to taking multivitamin pills, but I do not take all these in one day.. Maybe 5. I alternate them.
OK, so let me finish off by saying, that popping pills should not substitute healthy food and exercise! Unfortunately todays foods are not what they’re meant to be. If you have a rushed lifestyle, then vitamins will help you a great deal. A good and healthy life all starts with eating right and working out. I’m not saying you should become a gym bunny, but going for a walk will make the worlds difference.
AVOID by all means processed foods, foods with a brown yellow colour (chips, biscuits, pies) and artificial sweeteners or enhancers. But having these treats on weekends wont do you any harm!
and please get yourself the copy of The Gabriel Method!
AND REMEMBER TO NEVER TAKE ANY PILLS IF YOURE PREGNANT WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR GIVING YOU THE GO AHEAD!