Hello amigas! How are you all keeping?
In a post I did way back, I said I would give you a summary on what I learnt in makeup school. So here we go….
This is class 1. Still many more to go! Hope you enjoy….
WHAT ARE THE REASONS FOR THE USE OF MAKEUP
– emphasize the good features and hide the weaker areas of the face
– used for special occasions like weddings, proms and model shoots
– cover up blemishes
– improves self-confidence
– to follow fashion trends
– protection against elements like sun, wind and dust
NO TWO MAKEUP APPLICATIONS ARE THE SAME. IT BOILS DOWN TO INDIVIDUAL TASTE. THESE POINTS MUST BE CONSIDERED CAREFULLY
– skin type and tone
– face shape
– skin texture
– what will she wear
– personal preference of the client
– corrective techniques needed (shading and highlighting)
BASIC APPLICATION OF MAKEUP
– prebase, primer. This makes the makeup last longer
– concealer, highlighting and shading
– eye shadow
– liner for eyes
– fill, colour brows
– lip liner
– lip stick
– lastly. The blush
– enhances the elasticity of the skin
– makes skin supple
– creates base for foundation
– regulates moister levels
– provides day long protection
– concealers are available in 1)stick 2)cream or 3)liquid form. It covers tiny flaws on the skin. It can also be used to shade dark or recessed areas such as dark rings under the eyes.
– they should be about two shades lighter than that of your own skin tone and only applied to the area required.
– can be applied with a cotton bud and then blended with a sponge by dabbing.
– can be applied under or ontop of your foundation depending on which concealer you’re using. If it’s any of the concealer colors which are mentioned below, then it should be underneath your foundation. However, the normal commercial type concealer is the only one that can be used on top.
– remember to blend concealer and not to rub it away.
PURPOSE OF A CONCEALER
– hide imperfections
– corrects pigmentation to correct skin tone
– blends to form an even film
– end results with foundation looks flawless
– only used on specific areas of the skin, not all over.
TYPES OF CONCEALERS
CONCEALER APPLICATION METHODS
– wedge-shaped sponges can be used to evenly conceal dark circles under the eyes
– too much concealer can make skin look creepy, best to use a creamy formula that isn’t too matte which will cake on dry skin, yet not too greasy to slide off the skin
– remember to use moisterizer before applying concealer
– cotton buds should be used when with a client. Don’t use fingers when applying concealer, especially over a blemish
– use a small concealer brush
– remember to set concealer with powder
So I hope you enjoyed your first class with moi, Sandysands.
I remember in our first class the lady asked us why we wear makeup…. And I said, “well… We wear clothes for our bodies, makeup is like clothes to my face.”
See it that way….. Would you walk around naked? Or would you want to wear things to accentuated your good looks?
Remember to have a look at the other ‘class’ posts:
Be fabulous, Be Blessed