Hello dear readers! It’s 8:50am here in sunny South Africa, no lions roaming about! No elephants carrying people around, unless on some game farm where they actually do that!
Anyhow, I’m going to share with you some BODY and MIND NEWS.
1) YOGA LOWERS BMI
A recent study showed that people who do yoga have a lower BMI than other exercisers do. They wondered why? Well, apparently yoga is best done on an empty stomach and can build muscle and can boost your metabolism. It also encourages mindfulness, so in other words your more in tune whether you’re full or not.
2) BEVERAGES TO AVOID
We all know that fizzy/gassy cold drinks are a no go zone. But did you know, drinking coffee with cream & sugar, tea with sugar etc can add up to 500 or more calories per cup! That is why it’s important to drink water. Water can increase the metabolism and burn more calories while cleansing your body from toxins. If you find it hard to drink cold water in winter, then have it at room temperature.
3) GO AWAY ALZHEIMER’S
Is there maybe a way food can kick Alzheimer’s in the ass? Studies have shown a diet rich in FOLATE (found in leafy greens like spinach), VIT E (found in almonds and hazelnuts), and OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS (found in salmon) may lower your risk by more than a third! However, the power lies in eating these foods together! Not one or the other once in a blue moon.
4) WANNA GIVE THAT MIND A BOOST?
Had a bad day, week, month? It’s time to munch on some of these foods to get the brain happy again.
- Sunflower seeds (Makes sense. Sunflowers look happy)
- Dark chocolate. (Try the vegan kind if possible. HONEST CHOCOLATE is dairy and sugar-free, but damn delicious! Sweet and silky smooth!
- Pasta (Little Italian lady not included)
- Wild salmon
- Chillies (ok, interesting)
- Spinach (Folic acid)
5) FOODS WHICH MAY SUPPRESS YOUR APPETITE
- Apples – Keeps cravings at bay!
- Pine Nuts – They contain the highest amount of protein of any nut or seed.
- Flaxseed oil – Remember I spoke about it in my WHATS IN MY VITAMIN BAG?? It’s the best known plant source of omega-3.
- Oatmeal – Real oatmeal, not instant is one of the healthiest carbohydrates.
- Salad – This is something I have daily! The fibre helps slow the entrance of glucose into the bloodstream, making you less likely to be hungry! #TRUESTORY.
- Soup – Soup is one of the best kep secrets to appetite control and weight loss.
- Green tea – with honey and soy milk. Yummy!
So I hope you found this post to be interesting? Remember to check out HONEST CHOCOLATE ON FACEBOOK!
and for more interesting news quickies and posts, catch us on POUTPERFECTION FACEBOOK!