Happy Friday Readers…
I feel like writing up a few posts on tips for brides. (NOT THAT I’VE BEEN ONE, BUT) Having 3 older sisters, I have seen and experienced weddings more than most I guess. Secondly, being Portuguese you get invited to LOADS of weddings.
What is the main attraction of the wedding? BRIDES! Well, this is what everyone says. Although I feel it’s about the MARRIAGE and not just about the
dress, drink and party.
Anyhow, going to a lot of weddings, one does analyze the bride and what her dress looks like on her. You stand there thinking you could have done better, you would have added this, done that. This however doesn’t take away the fact that you’re looking at the most beautiful woman in the room.
So let’s get to the whole point of this post.
- Shorter than average brides should remember that the dress must not wear them!
- Keep things as uncluttered as possible.
- Detailing should be kept simple.
- Beading should be kept to a minimal.
- Get something long and close fitted to your body, this will give off that elongating effect instead of seeing one big “princess poof mess” walking down the isle.
- If you really want to have that “princess” feel, opt for an A-line.
- Go for a sleeveless dress, show off this shoulders and arms. This will also show more of you and less fabric.
- Jewelry should also be kept simple and delicate.
- Don’t get too much of a poofy dress, or you’ll end up looking like a meringue.
- The veil should also not be too detailed, if it is too long and too intricate, your guests may find it hard to find you.
- Don’t do that ball gown dress!
- Do not go for an umpire style dress or you might look pregnant.
- Don’t do chunky jewelry.
- Don’t overdo the makeup and keep it to very neutral colors, but add false lashes to add that vavavoom!
Here are some pictures of great dresses for you petite brides to be…..
And now for PERFECT MAKEUP …..
So if you’re a petite lady and you’re getting married soon, I hope this helped you. I tried to keep it as simple as possible.
The next ‘bridal’ post I write, will be on the next body type and of course I think an overall DO and DON’T post would be quite fun too.