Facts about M.A.C makeup
1) Created in 1985 by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo, MAC cosmetics were designed to hold up to the most grueling conditions. Ordinary drug store makeup doesn’t look good under bright lights, and most of it sweats off or wears off under normal circumstances anyway. The chemists who created MAC cosmetics, however, designed it to hold up to just about any challenge you can throw at it. It’s good for all ages, all races and all sexes, which later became the company’s motto.
2) MAC makeup is also a socially conscious brand. There are four social initiative problems that the company currently has in place: MAC Cruelty-Free Beauty, Back to MAC Recycling, MAC Kids Helping Kids and the MAC AIDS Fund. Even though MAC cosmetics was bought out by the Estee Lauder Companies in 1994 and the original founder Frank Angelo died in 1997, the MAC AIDS Fund has been continued by the new owners. The coolest thing about it is that every penny of the sale of the eight products under the Viva Glam name get donated to the charity. This has raised more than $86 million for the charity since 1994.
3) If you’re a makeup artist, you can get 40 percent off of the price of MAC makeup. Other beauty professionals can get a 30 percent discount. The brand is also extremely socially diverse.
4) MAC is actually just an acronym. MAC stands for Make-up Art Cosmetics.
5) The Makeup Art Cosmetics company has a lengthy list of celebrity endorsers. The list includes Cyndi Lauper, Lady Gaga, Fergie, Victoria Beckham, Pamela Anderson, and Lisa Marie Presley, among many others.
6) MAC was bought by Estee Lauder Companies in 1994.
7) MAC has product lines designed for different markets and to suit different purposes. There’s MAC Pro that’s designed for professional use, and there’s the regular MAC line for everyday use.
8) The MAC line was designed specifically for professional makeup artists.
9) Mac cosmetics have recently introduced skin care products that will make your skin glow radiantly without constantly putting on makeup. In addition, they have developed products that will make your hair and complexion beautiful all day long without any makeup.
10) In fact, tests conducted on a group of healthy, female volunteers with age ranging from 40 to 65 years old exhibited clear signs of improvements in wrinkle reduction, skin softness, hydration, smoothness and firmness when using these new Mac cosmetics.
So how in love are you with M.A.C?
It will always be a makeup staple of mine!