Happy Monday Peeps!
Ok. So I want to share a secret with you. I Sandy, for years have had MAJOR problems with my leg hair! Being Portuguese I naturally have thick and dark hair. Funnily enough, only on my legs and not on the rest of my body.
I’ve never had a problem with my arms, back or even facial hair. Thank the good Lord! However, shaving has been a constant problem. I would constantly get rashes, sores, ingrown hairs etc. It’s really bad. I have to shave daily and even then they aren’t smooth. If I sneeze or get goose bumps, then they pop out again.
Have I found a solution to my problem? Well, waxing helps. The only issue with waxing is that you sometimes miss appointments and then you shave again so on and so forth.
But I must admit. Last couple of months my legs are happy. Hardly any rashes, ingrowths and the hair is coming out thinner and lighter. And this is all thanks to ……….
This thing has saved my limb life! Gerrie, from CLASSIC TOUCH SALON Thabazimbi link told me about it when she was waxing my legs one day and I’m happy she did.
Here is a picture showing you everything that comes in the BRAUN SILK-EPIL 7 box.
Ok, so before you go get one there are a few things to take into consideration.
1) Even though the epilator can be used with water, you cannot disperse the whole thing under water.
2) The “pain” is less when you use it with water and soap.
3) By “pain” I mean that, the shorter your hair, the better it feels. Don’t epilate your hair if the hairs are long. Then it will hurt.
4) Basically, an epilator is basically a rotating tweezer. It has 40 tweezers. It rotates really fast which yanks out the hairs. It’s like shaving but on roids! Plus it takes out the hair from the root like waxing. It really works and I love it.
5) I did try once using it under my arms and I SCREAMED like a girl. That’s a no go zone for me.
6) Regarding the bikini area. I do use it to neaten it all, that’s ok. But a good tip is, the shorter the hair, the less the pain. So shave once, wait for it to grow and then use your epilator. At first you will think its sore like heck, but it gets better.
7) But on the legs, it’s perfect. Even with no soap. That’s the great thing about this product. Wet and dry!
8) You can use any soap really. Plus it’s not a major issue if you don’t use the cooing wipes. I don’t.
9) You can’t use it if it’s connected to the charge wire. It’s not like a cellphone. So charge it fully and then use.
10) Its slightly noisy. Sounds like a mini garden service is happening right in your bathroom! Ok, let’s admit, it is pruning your bush area. Haha.
I love this BRAUN EPILATOR. It really works for me and works for most women with reviews I’ve read. I got mine at DISCHEM for about R1200,00. There was one for R400,00 but I didn’t want to regret buying a cheaper one. Think if it as an investment. I’m scared I got the cheaper one and then it wouldn’t work as well and then I wouldn’t be a fan. So if you are considering getting one, go for the more expensive one.
My legs feel smooth today and I don’t regret buying this epilator! It’s perfect for traveling too.
So if you have issues with leg hairs, get an epilator! I adore mine!