Food should feast your tummy, eyes and soul
TURKISH DELIGHT RECIPE
– 50 grams powdered gelatine
– 1 liter water
– 200 grams granulated sugar
– few drops of rose water essence
– few drops of pink and red food coloring
– 1/2 cup corn flour mixed with 1/2 cup icing sugar
1) Place 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl, sprinkle over gelatine: allow to sponge
2) Place 1 liter water in a pot, add sugar, stir until it dissolves over low heat. INCREASE heat, boil for 3-4 minutes. Add gelatine, stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
3) Stir through rose water essence, divide liquid into three 15×15 cm square trays, stir food coloring into each tray until desired color is achieved.
4) Refrigerate until set, remove jelly from trays and place on a flat surface. Dust both sides with corn flour mixture, cut into desired shapes.
(Recipe: FAIRLADY BRIDE)
Obviously there are countless of recipes, but this one is very easy. Let me know if you gave it a go! And remember, it’s all about the displaying of your confectionary masterpiece. Put it in a pretty box with ribbon, or a beautiful cake dome, or on a mirror tray. Don’t forget the edible glitter for that little bit extra.