10 FACTS ABOUT OPI NAIL LACQUER
1. OPI was founded in 1981 by George Schaeffer and used to manufacturer artificial dental appliances such as dentures. The acrylics which were used in the making of the dentures was the same used by nail technicians and in 1989 their business model changed to NAIL LACQUER, not dentures!
2. OPI prides itself on quality and safety and have scientists and visionaries working daily to progress in the world of nail lacquer.
3. OPI has over 200 different shades of polish which are all developed and selected by Suzi Weiss-Fischmann.
4. OPI confirms that each shade of nail polish is ensured to have the status of “the” colour of the season.
5. Not all of their products have been a hit, in 2003 OPI launched a nail polish for dogs which received mixed reviews.
6. OPI has created several nail lacquers exclusively for specific charity organizations, these include – the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, breast cancer research.
7. OPI is committed to making sure that their products are only sold through reputable beauty salons. The reason for this is that it deprives the consumers of professional care and advice that are necessary to enjoy these products.
8. OPI keep up to date with latest trends and current pop culture, they have had collections in the past for Legally Blonde 2, Alice in Wonderland and Dell, current collections include the Skyfall collection, Oz the Great and Powerful collection to name but a few however, they also have some great vintage including the Vintage Minnie Mouse collection, the Brights by OPI collection and the Soft Shades by OPI. OPI has a designer collection, which is always new and innovative in the world of nail lacquer.
9. In conjunction with the nail lacquer, OPI boasts a GelColor, various nail care, including Classic Nail Essentials, Lacquer Removers, Nail Envy, Lasting Manis and Quick Drying Treatments and they have hand/feet care including AvoJuice Skin Quenchers, AvoJuice Body Creme, Avoplex, and Feet by OPI.
10. OPI proudly boasts all of their nail lacquers have been reformulated to eliminate chemicals DBP (dibutyl pthalate), formaldehyde and toulene.