What makes a sunglasses brand great? First of all, it’s the quality of their products. This includes the materials used and the craftsmanship. Then, there’s design, which to some is even more important than quality. Last, but not least, it’s all about business. Taking the right decision at the right time means a successful label. Below are five famous sunglasses models, all created by brands who knew when it was time to enter the field, and how to do it. Click here for amazing brands that have defined what sunglasses are.
1. Ray Ban Wayfarer. The brand was founded in 1937 with the purpose of making goggles for pilots. They branched out into eyewear for the masses, and to great success. The Wayfarers are one of the most popular sunglasses models of our times, although they’ve been previously adored in the 50s and 80s. Click here for more Ray Ban models on GlassesOnWeb.com.
2. Prada 27 NS. What began as a leathergoods shop in 1913’s Italy evolved slowly, but steadily. They launched a ready-to-wear line for the first time in 1989, and one year later they started designing eyewear. The past few years have been huge for Prada sunglasses, most of their collections immediately becoming popular with the fashion crowd.
3. Persol 0649. Similar to Ray Ban, the brand started early on (1917) to provide eyewear for a specific demographics (tram drivers). Their most famous model was popularized by Steve McQueen in the 60s, and it was revived in the past few years by both male and female celebrities.
4. Tom Ford Nikita. The designer launched his namesake brand in 2006, complete with menswear, beauty, eyewear and accessories. Already experienced from Gucci and YSL, Tom Ford knew what he wanted. Just a few years later, his sunglasses are worn by virtually any famous face and are coveted worldwide.
5. Miu Miu 10 NS. The sister brand of Prada, Miu Miu was founded in 1993. The brand soon launched an eyewear line, which became successful in no time. Along with their pentagonal frames, these are the most popular of recent seasons, especially in their glitter version.
This guest post was written by Daria P. who also contributes for GlassesOnWeb.com and CelebritySunglassesWatcher.com; she also runs her own fashion blog called Kittenhood.