Good morning pouters!
I am here to tell you about a fabulous new trend in South Africa. It’s a mobile styling team! They’re the first of it kind in South Africa and they’re taking the industry by storm with their very much unique concept.
Justine working her magic on a bride.
1) Looking at your concept, I’m sure many beauticians wished they had come up with the idea first. How do you feel knowing that you are “the first of its kind” especially in something so awesomely different?
I’m sure someone has thought about this concept but just not implemented it like we have..it’s exciting to know there’s scope for something fun and fresh in the beauty industry and I’m sure there is loads more to come!
Once people had experienced us at events, they loved the idea and so word of mouth has got us moving.It was hard to sell a new idea without actually seeing the service for yourself and of course making sure our beauticians and artists were top quality 🙂
3) What are the most popular functions the Glamour Gloss Girls get asked to be part of?
We have been fortunate enough to have our artists and beauty bar at the launch of Topshop nationwide.That was truely incredible.We also had nail art in store for Women’s Day, Brutal Fruit glambassidor event nationwide and our personal shoppers/stylists inside Forever New stores styling ladies to name a few of our top events and we have such exciting glam events coming up for summer 🙂
4) Where are you based?
I am based in Johannesburg but we have artists and stylists nationwide.
One day … 🙂
7) What would you like our readers to know about you Justine Isaacson and your Glamour Gloss Girls team?
We really are unique.What makes us different is that we take beauty and create an entertainment vibe making you and your guests feel like stars.The GGG team cater for any size event or function.We tailor- make the event to suite your needs.Our crew are all skilled and bubbly, ready to pamper and preen guests and make them leave looking and feeling better than when they arrived.
8) What do you see in the future of the Glamour Gloss Girls?
I think there is a huge amount of growth potential. I would like to have a great team of mobile artists and different mobile beauty bars glamming up SA! I can see us making that happen!
9) How many beauty ‘technicians’ are currently in your mobile team?
We have about 32 artists and stylists in our team
10) What tips can you give for brides-to-be?
Make sure you explain exactly what you want to your stylists and artist and have a trial. It’s important to know what look you want so there are no surprises on your big day! What I also suggest is having a trial on a day where you will be going out at night to see how the makeup lasts.
Be careful of spray tans I don’t reccomended them on your face. Make sure you have a translucent powder on the day you can touch up with, it will take the shine away and keep the make up set all day 🙂
11) Can you please tell us what your top 5 beauty DO’s are? And of course, the top 5 DON’Ts?
· Don’t use a liner that’s darker than the lipstick we all know you have lips you don’t need to line them like that!
· Don’t wear foundation that is too dark for your skin tone,rather bronze over but this will look awful!
· I believe less is always more!
· Eyebrows should always be well threaded..I’m a big fan of threading.
· I love hair extensions ( as I have fine hair) provided they are done well! If it’s going to give you the body you need in your hair grea;!just make sure you going to someone reputable.
· Keep a little touch up kit in your bag with a little tester perfume,a nail file,eyeliner,concealer and nice lipgloss you never know where youl land up 🙂
· For a flawless skin, make sure to always clean your face properly with the right product for your skin type.Cleanser and moisturizer daily and the occasional mask will help give you the most radiant look for summer.
· Don’t underestimate how important posture is!
· There’s nothing more attractive to a man than a confident, well- presented women so let’s strut our stuff ladies!!
12) Can you mention some of the products you use?
For nails, unless we are doing an event where they have their own brand,we use Tip Top – they have an incredible range of good quality colours!
Make up : we have MAC,Stila,NARS, Kryolon and a few other professional brands only.
Massage: we have amazing oils, some direct from Thailand
Hair: we only style hair for events so no products really
13) As you get to meet many different people, how would you describe South African style?
I think South Africans are definitely more conservative than Europeans but we are steering more away from that and becoming more unique in our own style; bringing in our culture diversities and becoming more expressive in our dress sense and style.
14) What do the women of South Africa want regarding beauty?
They want quality more than anything! Women in SA want the same selection as overseas and want to look and feel beautiful with the best service possible.
15) If any professional wants to be part of your amazing team, how can they go about it?
They can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their cv. I am always looking for talented bubbly artists to join our team.
Thank you and we look forward to pampering you soon!
As you can see, Justine is a motivated, well informed, experienced woman who knows what she wants for the GLAMOUR GLOSS GIRLS future. She and her mobile styling team have already collaborated with so many well known events, such as the CARTIER FASHION SHOW, FIRE AND ICE MELROSE ARCH LAUNCH, TOP SHOP LAUNCH SANDTON, FOREVER NEW LAUNCH SANDTON, TABOO FASHION SHOW, DANNY K MUSIC VIDEO, WEDDINGS, BACHELORETTES, BIRTHDAYS, NICCI BOUTIQUE HYDE PARK just to mention a few.
Please contact this amazing and exclusive beauty team for YOUR event.
Tel: 011 483 1616
I cannot wait to experience the GGG team for myself, neither should you.