I was luckily enough to be invited to the pink media launch of easihair pro hair extensions at the beginning of the month.
Before the event, my knowledge stretched as far as: Hair extensions –
- are either clip-ins, bonded or taped to your natural hair.
- are expensive.
- are incredibly high maintenance.
- take ages to be applied.
- are not very good at staying in and random pieces end up falling onto the ground at inconvenient times.
- start to look a bit washed and worn out after a few weeks of wear.
- damage your hair when being removed.
- are not very easy to remove.
- apparently make you wish that you never bothered with having them put in, in the first place.
So, as you can see from above, I had VERY little experience and knowledge when it comes to hair extensions, until I met Garron Reynolds the managing director of Fascination Wigs, FRIKA Hair Pty Ltd and the newly ‘launched’ to the SA market, easihair pro South Africa. Amongst the hair business, he certainly has some know-how.
easihair pro has already taken the overseas market by storm, as Garron put it, not all tape-in extensions are made equal. A lot of tape-in extensions which are already on the market have a bad reputation both with the hairstylist and consumer because although they apply well, they have a tendency to “slip” from the root of the hair. If I have to speak to any of my stylist friends they all despise hair extensions because of the above mentioned reasons and possibly why one of the reasons I have never ventured to extension avenue (apart from 2 blue clip-in extensions I had when I was 17 for about 2 days that I completely despised).
easihair pro was founded by Garron’s brother, Paul Reynolds who lives in the USA and the company still remains a family owned and operated business, with a no nonsense approach. This very approach has won over the hearts of salon owners along with the sheer quality, functionally and durability the extensions offer to both a salon, stylists and consumers alike.
Although I’m still pretty clueless about extensions, I learned the following about: easihair pro extensions –
- are tape-ins, with special technology to curb “slipping”.
- are pricy but affordable especially as they are reusable – so long as they are looked after correctly.
- are medium maintenance. I don’t believe they are the highest maintenance extensions available but if you don’t look after them, in turn, they will not look after you.
- are in investment, provided you look after them correctly.
- are quick and easy to have applied.
- are perfect for endurance of all kinds, exercise is nothing for these beauties .
- are quick, easy and effective to be removed.
- are perfect for commitment-phobes who can’t decide on long or short, high-lights or low-lights. Quick, simple and effective changes can make the difference to your hair.
- look natural. You really can’t tell the difference between your own hair and the extensions.
- are the easiest choice for the consumer and stylist when it comes to the demand for high quality hair extensions.
The entire event which was held at Scar in Kloof Street had a wonderful dash of pink, in honour of October being breast cancer awareness month. Featuring pink drinks to pink snacks and it finished off in style with the guests leaving with a dash of pink hair courtesy of easi-pro. For someone, like myself who has never coloured their hair, that was quite a moment and all the better that in order for me to get my 2 dashes of pink – I didn’t need to peroxide my hair first… I have been sporting my pink hair with pride for the whole month and absolutely loving it! The stylist, Leandi from Scar, who applied my strand split it into two, so I have a pink strand on each side. Quite far underneath my hair so its not in your face but rather subtle and shows a pop of colour when my hair is loose.
We were showcased the absolutely breathtakingly beautiful ghd V coral styler which is a limited edition model of the bird of paradise collection. The colours are tropical, bright and happy. This beauty is on sale until 31 October and retails for R2,380. The reason why this beautiful straightener is so special is that all proceeds of this ghd are donated to CANSA. Morgan Taylor nails also treated us to a wonderful shade of Pink, called Let’s Go to the Hop.
I am still unsure whether I, personally will try the extensions realm but I do know for sure that if I decide to try them, my only option would be easihair pro.