Digital artists never cease to amaze me. They always manage to come up with the most spectacular ideas… I would love to be able to have the absolute talent that they have.
The latest ones to hit the internet, which have completely and utterly blown my mind are well known stars, in famous oil paintings.
Meet Johnny Depp featuring in Vermeer’s famous painting of a Girl With A Pearl Earring
and here we have Keanu Reeves in Dubufe’s Portrait of Madame F from 1850
say hello to Michael Jackson starring in Anton Raphael Mengs’ self portrait
Jack Nicholson looks dapper in Bronzino’s Young Man from 1530
meet Katy Perry, featuring… After The Ball, by Stewart in 1877
and my absolute favourite: Adele in JL David’s Portrait of Anne Marie Louise Thelusson
Who are these digital artists and can they make me the Mona Lisa?
Which one is your favourite?
Good afternoon Pouting Darlings,
Have you ever regretted something? And I don’t just mean regretting not asking that hot guy out that your best friend is now engaged to (although, I’m guessing that would suck…), but $22million worth of regret…?
Well, some of these actors and actresses have turned down EPIC box-office crashing films and probably regret it to this day.
But seriously, I don’t think most of these films would have been as awesome if these actors did decide to take the roles… what do you think?
- Julia Roberts turned down the leads in Sleepless in Seattle, Basic Instinct, While You Were Sleeping and Shakespeare in Love.
- Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix and later said this about it; “You know, ‘The Matrix’ is a difficult concept to pitch. In the pitch, I just didn’t see it. I watched Keanu’s performance — and very rarely do I say this — but I would have messed it up. I would have absolutely messed up ‘The Matrix’. At that point I wasn’t smart enough as an actor to let the movie be. Whereas Keanu was smart enough to just let it be. Let the movie and the director tell the story, and don’t try and perform every moment.”
- Sir Sean Connery was also offered the role of Morpheus in The Matrix, but also turned it down. I’m guessing him and Will thought the script was much too confusing (or crap, like I think, but that’s just my opinion) and he turned down the role of Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Bruce Willis turned down the role in Ghost that was instead played (and epically at that!) by the late (and friggin great!) Patrick Swayze. Bruce later played in The Sixth Sense – probably realising that playing a ghost can’t be too bad?
- Johnny Depp has turned down the role as Lestat in Interview with the Vampire (I think he would have saved that movie personally), Legends of the Fall and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off to name a few. He says that he’s not a “Blockbuster boy”. Fair enough.
- Michelle Pfeiffer was offered the lead role in Pretty Woman, but didn’t like the tone of the script, so rejected it.
- John Travolta turned down both the roles in Forrest Gump and James Bond Casino Royale. Thank God! I can’t imagine John Travolta as sexy and suave Mr Bond? I don’t think so. OK maybe 50 years ago when John was still sexy… not so much now.
- John Cusack turned down the role of bad boy John Bender in The Breakfast Club and this is another sigh of relief from my side, because that is one of my favourite movies and although Judd Nelson is not so sexy now, he was hot back in the day and he did the role justice.
See what I mean?
Happy Hump Day Pouters!
Peace and love xoxox