Happy Wednesday Amigo’s and Amiga’s
So this past weekend my hands were itching to do some makeup. Unfortunately no one was around to offer their face. So I checked me out in the mirror and thought, I never did an and old Hollywood Glamour makeup shoot.
So this is what I looked like.
Sandylashxx’s Glamour Look
Want to get the look?
Obviously before any makeup application, you want to moisturize your skin a few minutes before. I then applied prebase from Model Co. The foundation I used was a cream foundation 23 from Inglot. Not much contouring was necessary for this look. I only contoured the tip of my nose. I’ll tell you how later. Once that was out the way, I set everything with loose powder.
- Apply eyeshadow primer over the whole lid. Then on the outer part of my eye I stuck on some sticky tape. This ensures a super defined look.
- (You want to make your eye look lustrous, wide and sexy.) I didn’t use liquid liner. I simply dipped my liner brush in some water and used black eyeshadow. You have to pass the natural length of your eye to get this look to work. That extra vavavoom. As you can see in the picture I drew below. By the way start from the outer part of the eye inwards.
- Get a very light and subtle shimmery brown and apply it on the outer part of your eye into the crease. This just creates a bit of depth. And it prevents this look from being too harsh. On the inner and outer corners of your eye, apply a silvery, shimmery light colour for that “POP” effect MUA’s always talk about. (Shown in pic 3)
- Apply white or silver on the lower inner line. Your 2nd last step regarding the eyes is mascara! Add a lot of mascara. Imagine your eye to be a cat, and your petting the living daylights out of it! Pet your lashes with mascara baby. Add and add! Top and bottom! Now finish off your eyes by filling your eyebrows. (Tip: make an angry face to get that perfect eyebrow look)
→And line your lips. Line your lips. Go past your natural line. Make them look opulently luscious looking. As you can see in my one photo, I drew a line in the middle of my bottom lip. This gives the POUT effect in case you didn’t know.
→Finish your whole look with red lipstick.
Oh, before I forget, do the hair!!! Give it that glam side-do look.
Me without makeup! OHEMGEE!!! Don’t run away!
Sticky tape time.
Added the liner
Filled and extended the brows and added white liner in the bottom lash line.
Mascara time darling! Remember, your lashes is the cat and your petting it! Don’t stop! Again, again and again.
I took the sticky tape off! Don’t keep it on! haha. Here you can see how I applied the lip liner. I went over my natural lip line and drew that sneaky line in the middle for that POUT effect I told you about.
Did the hair. I think this look suits me. I shall do it more often. Especially for the evening.
How I defined the nose.
This picture isn’t that of my nose, but in picture 2 it shows how I defined it. I didn’t contour down the bridge of the nose, as mine is long and narrow enough. However, I wanted to “shorten” the length. So with OAK LIP LINER from M.A.C. I drew two moon shapes on the bottom above each nostril. And blended it out. Yes, I said Lip Liner!!! Oak lip liner is one of my favorite tools to define my nose. Try it!♣
So that’s the Sandylashxx Glamour Look. Gonna try it?
Send me your pics please! I wanna also see! email@example.com
Filed under Beauty, Blush, Contour, Daily Banter, Eyebrows, Eyelashes, Eyes, Foundation, Hair, Life as a Makeup Artist, Lips, Makeup, No Makeup, Oooh la la, Pro Tips, Solutions, Trends
Hey Pouters on our Pout Perfection Blog.
Do you use white eyeliner?
There are a few ways to using white eyeliner. The most important tip I can give you from the get-go is well, be realistic! Does it make your eyes look droopy? Glossy? Perhaps too big? If it doesn’t suit you, don’t use it. Unless you don’t actually know how to apply it.
- Eyeliner can be applied on the inner line of the eyes to make them look bigger.
- Use white eyeliner on the inside of the eyes as mentioned above especially if you have deep-set eyes, oriental eyes or just very small eyes.
- White eyeliner can be applied on the inner corners of the eyes and then blended. This gives that “awake” and “pop” look that makeup artists talk about.
- White eyeliner is also used on the brow bone and blended. This helps to accentuate a colour of an eyeshadow.
- White eyeliner should never be used alone on the lash line. If you do want a strong white line on your lids, make sure you finish it off with black eyeliner closest to the lashes. But, then again, this look is more for photo shoots or runway looks.
- If you have big eyes, avoid using white liner on the inside of your eye. You’ll look like Droopy the Master Detective.
Look at this pic, she used the white eyeliner on the outer part of her inner eye line. And finished it off with black towards the inner eye. This is very clever and gives off a very sexy look to the eyes. Try it out.
An America’s Next Top Model shows us here that when you have small eyes using white eyeliner can really do wonders to the eye. It extends the “white” of your eyeball. So it appears larger. (Gosh, that sounds horrible! EYEBALL) This is the ultimate purpose of white eyeliner as mentioned many times before. .
Same here with Lady Gaga’s eyes. I don’t like her much, but her makeup here is brilliant and flawless. See how the eye looks bigger with the white liner? Then again, it is very neat! Which is key!
Another example of the white harsh line. This look only works for models or a photo shoot. Don’t wear this look for any other reason. Doesn’t matter how beautiful you think your eyes are.
This woman’s makeup below is very dark, but that’s not only because of the eyeshadow itself, it’s because she has small deep-set eyes like I’ve mentioned before. White liner would’ve helped her eyes to look a tad more alive and bigger. Unless she wanted the dark look. Then I guess my white liner tip can go fly out the door.
I’ve seen this far too many times. Women line the inside of the eyes with white and then outside the bottom lash line with black. This droops the eye ladies. Do you want your boobs to look droopy? So why should your eyes???
Victoria Secret makeup shows us here how it’s done properly. Keep it neat at the bottom. Neutral browns for eyeshadow, shimmery tones for the brow bone and accentuate those lashes with black mascara! The trick here is falsies. If you’re not used to falsies, then I suggest you buy the individual lashes and only stick them to the outer part of your lash line as to get used to it. The best glue for lashes is DUO©. ♥
I hope these quick tips helped or just entertained you.
Filed under Beauty, BLINGALING, Celebrities, Daily Banter, Eyebrows, Eyelashes, Eyes, Funny, Girly Stuff, Gossip, Highlight, Hotties, Inspiration, Life as a Makeup Artist, Magazines, Makeup, Mistake, Models, News, No Makeup, Oooh la la, Photography, Pro Tips, Products, Runways, Sexuality, Solutions, Television, Tips, Trends, Trends, Tutorial, WTF