The interwebs has been flooded with loads of pictures of Avril Lavigne wearing her new line of clothing, ABBEY DAWN for 2012. I must say, I’m impressed by some of the clothing, its unique, and I do like some of it. The shoes are WOW. I want some of these shoes. As some of you may be aware, I used to love Avril Lavigne, and parts me deep down inside still do, when she is not doing silly things, ahem, green hair, yes, I received a bit of slack about saying that it was a blonde move in the past about that, but I’m sorry, GREEN hair does not make a statement if your hair is naturally blonde, it looks like you’ve been swimming in chlorinated pools and well, AHEM, shaving one side of head which is all very blantant in these new promo images… I don’t care if you don’t like that I don’t like it, but really, I think it makes her stunning hair (when its not green…) LOOK LIKE SHITE.
…but try look past that, look at THE SHOES, and THE SKELETON DRESS. I want those. I do. hahaha.
But anywayyy… Here are some images of Avril wearing her new collection.
A penny for your thoughts?
Peplums are sweet and stylish and many times I’ve seen someone sporting one I’ve always thought, LOVELY ON HER but not for me… and you know, that really is a bunch of rubbish! Simply because one automatically thinks a peplum will accentuate the hips that is NOT neccessarily true….
Which is also true for the general public back in day, peplum was critized for being too dificult to pull off, now it has returned with a modern twist to become one of the hottest trends of the season and win hearts of many fashionistas worldwide.
Marchesa Spring Summer 2012
Badgley Mischka Spring Summer 2012
Peplum is simpler and more interesing now, it has transformed into a new, both bolder and more demure shapes and is no longer something to be scared of.
Peplums come on elegant dresses and jackets, girlie blouses and tops, eccentric pants and shorts and due to so many variations there are plentely of ways to wear them. However if you decide to try this trend, there are a few pointers to take into account for example the illusion peplum creates.
Peplums can have both a slimming and volumious effect, cover your problem areas and accentuate the assets. Here are some styling tricks to take into account:
- To accentuate your waist, look for a peplum on a jacket that is short and sweet. It should end right above your hips. USE A BELT.
- To add volume to your hips, wear a skirt or dress with peplum that is puffy and fancy and ends in the mid section of your hips.
- To make your hips look narrower, opt for a sleek peplum with no volume which finishes after the widest area of your hips.
- Minimize a large bust by wearing a skirt with a darker colour on peplum and a slightly lighter colour underneath.
- Go for a total black outfit with a peplum, it will have the biggest slimming effect.
- Avoid A-line skirts with peplums, only pencil skirts will work to balance your proportions right or you will end up looking like a bus… as my dear Sandylashxx says. hahaha.
- The hem of your skirt or dress should hit above the knee and just bust below it. If you go for a longer design you will look shorter no matter how long those legs are because peplum tends to cut off the length of the legs.
- Wear high heels with peplums to keep your proportions right, and there is never an excuse not to wear high heels, ladies!!
Do you have any other tips for pulling off this look? Please share in the comments.